Are you feeling brave? Enjoy an adventure on the daredevil Caminito del Rey walkway and enjoy spectacular views of El Chorro, one of Malaga's natural wonders.
Caminito del Rey Hike Itinerary
On the morning of your tour, you'll be picked up from your selected meeting point in Seville, ready for your day of adventure in the province of Malaga.
You'll arrive in the small town of Ardales, near the Desfiladero de los Gaitanes - the "Gorge of the Gaitanes" - in El Chorro, where the Caminito del Rey is located. Following the explanations of your expert local guide, you'll begin your hike along the famous walkway, suspended a dizzying 330 feet (100 metres) above the river below against sheer cliff faces.
The treacherous walkway, whose Spanish name means "Little Path of the King", was opened by King Alfonso XIII when he visited the area in 1921. The original boardwalk, which you'll be able to see just under the current wooden platform, was a popular but dangerous attraction for climbers and hikers for many years. Thankfully, it was refurbished in 2015; the new Caminito is perfectly safe and remains a place from which to admire breath-takingly beautiful views over the surrounding natural scenery.
Around 2 pm, after enjoying your hike on the Caminito del Rey, you'll have the opportunity to renew your energy with a delicious lunch in a local restaurant (not included), before setting off on the return journey to Seville. You'll arrive back in the Andalusian capital around 6 pm.
Since its refurbishment and re-opening in 2015, the Caminto del Rey path has become one of Malaga's most popular attractions. Demand is very high and for safety reasons, availability is limited, so we recommend reserving as early as possible to guarantee your place on your chosen date.
Pick up points
The day trip to Caminito del Rey includes a pick up service from the following meeting points:
- Calle Trajano at 8:45 am.
- Hotel Don Paco at 8:50 am.
- Cano y Cueto Parking at 9:00 am.
We recommend being at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick up time.
- Children under 8 years old are not allowed on the Caminito del Rey.
- It is not permitted to bring selfie sticks.
- You must wear secure and comfortable footwear on this excursion.
- This activity is not recommended for people with heart problems or those who suffer from vertigo.
- On the day of the excursion, you must bring your passport or national ID card.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 8 and 17 years old|
Children between 8 and 17 years oldUS$ 77.50
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Return transport between Seville and the Caminito del Rey.
English speaking escort on the bus transfers.
Entrance to the Caminito del Rey.
Local English speaking guide during the visit of Caminito del Rey.
Radio communication to follow explanations.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Seville).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).