They say that king Fernando III called Carmona 'The brightest star to shine in the sky' and it's a city which enchants each and every visitor.
At 9:45 am we'll pick you up from your hotel and hit the road to Carmona.
After a 30 minute journey, we arrive at the town itself, which won the bronze medal, for most charming village in Andalucia in 2015. We'll head back to the middle ages, visiting the remains of the Fortress of San Pedro, which retains its noble form thanks to an extensive restoration.
We'll tour the historic centre by foot, from the Cordoba Gate to the Sevilla Gate, passing through the San Fernando and Blas Infante squares. On this your we'll explain the gothic, Muslim and baroque heritage that the churches of San Bartolomé and San Pedro hold.
Then we'll head even further back in time, visiting the remains of the Roman necropolis at Carmona, one of the finest examples in the Seville region. Here you can find various scared remains of great importance, such as the Elephant Tomb - called such for the stone sculpture of an elephant which the archaeologists found here, the centre of the cult to the god Mitra.
We'll then head back to Sevilla by bus, arriving around 2 pm.
Students should show a document which accredits them as such.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Children between 4 and 17US$ 41
Students up to 25US$ 41
Children under 4Free
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Tickets to the Roman necropolis at Carmona.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.