Doña Ana, daughter of the princess of Éboli, was captivated by the landscapes which today bear her name: Doñana. On this day trip, you'll be left in no doubt as to why.
Doñana Day Trip Itinerary
We'll pick you up at your hotel in Seville, hitting the road southwards and beginning our day trip.
Following the course of the Guadalquivir river, we'll cross Coria del Río towards the Dehesa de Abajo natural reserve. In this protected national park, we'll go bird spotting, with the climate and conditions of the wetlands attracting a wealth of different species. In fact, it's home to the largest European colony of storks.
The route then continues southwards in a 4x4, to traverse the Guadalquivir marshes, until we arrive in El Rocio. Here we'll visit the Hermitage, and its virgin, celebrated every Monday during the Catholic period of Pentecost by hundreds of devotees. And for the more scientifically minded, you'll get the chance to see the SEO Observatory - run by Spain's official ornithological society.
Then we'll continue with a walking tour around the Doñana national park, taking a look at its different palaces. Having toured these different buildings on the banks of the river you'll have free time to eat lunch. And during the summer, you can enjoy a quick dip in the sea - don't forget your swimsuit!
Having eaten, we'll take a look at the onubense dunes, the largest in all Spain, before heading back to Seville.
- Students must bring a document which accredits them as such.
- The tour's departure depends on sunrise - the best time to see the variety of wildlife in the area. Therefore the start time varies, but once you have made your reservation, the local provider will contact you to let you know the exact pick up time.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Doñana day trip
Children between 4 and 17 years oldUS$ 66.60
Students up to 25 years oldUS$ 66.60
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
hotel pick up and drop off.
Spanish speaking guide.
Bus transport to Doñana.
Transport by 4x4 through the northern Doñana.
Food and Drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Seville).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.