An amphitheatre, thermal baths, theatre, aqueducts... that's Itálica, a miniature Rome just ten minutes from Sevilla. Hail Ceasar!
Itálica Day Trip Itinerary
Having picked you up at the selected meet point in Seville, we'll make the 10-minute journey to Santiponce, the area in the outskirts of Sevilla where the Roman ruins can be found.
We'll tour the Itálica archaeological site, the birthplace of Trajan, the first Roman emperor to be born outside of Italy. We'll begin by remembering the gladiatorial battles in the amphitheatre, the performing arts being another spectacle highly valued during the Roman period. We'll be able to confirm this by visiting the Itálica theatre, the best kept in the province of Sevilla. And to complete the visit to the archaeological site we'll admire the spectacular original mosaics.
Five minutes away from Itálica can be found the San Isidoro del Campo monastery. Inside we'll visit two ample cloisters designed in a Moorish style, one of which, the cloister of the Evangelists, contains several pictorial works from the 15th century.
At the end of our tour, we will head back to Seville, located just 12 minutes away, arriving back at 2 pm.
Pick Up Points
This activity includes a pick up service from the following meeting points in Seville:
- Calle Trajano, 6: 9:30 am.
- Hotel Don Paco (Plaza Padre Jerónimo de Córdoba, 4): 9:35 am.
- Calle Rastro, 12: 9:45 am.
- Students must show a document which accredits them as such.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Children between 4 and 17US$ 29.30
Students up to 25 years oldUS$ 29.30
Children under 4Free
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Pick up and drop off at meeting point.
Entry to the archaeological sites.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the San Isidro Del Campo monastery.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Seville).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.