Step back in time to the 17th century and discover the beautiful baroque architecture of Seville when you visit the Hospital de los Venerables (Hospital of the Venerable). With this ticket, you will explore its church, sacristy, and courtyard. You also see numerous works by the famous artist Velázquez.
Why visit the Hospital of the Venerable?
Seville has a rich history which is evident in the beautiful baroque buildings of the city center. The Hospital of the Venerable Priests, declared an Asset of Cultural Interest, is one of the best examples of this fascinating past.
At the time you choose, you must go to the entrance, where you will be given an audio guide which you can use as you explore the different rooms of this elegant monument. You will learn all about its origins and how it was founded to house retired priests.
You will be able to visit its beautiful church, a perfect example of the Sevillian Baroque, with an architectural decoration in its walls and ceilings that will grab your attention. The frescoes and the spectacular organ will leave you speechless!
You will see the main courtyard of the Hospital de los Venerables (Hospital of the Venerable) which is one of the most beautiful in Seville. You will also be able to tour the permanent collection of the Centro Velázquez gallery that this building houses. There, you will see works by the famous painter and other artists such as Francisco de Zurbarán, Bartolomé Esteban Murillo, and Juan Martinez Montañés. There is also a collection of contemporary art with works by Carmen Laffón, Ramón Gaya, Luis Gordillo, and Guillermo Perez Villalta. This is a treat for culture vultures!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 60% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Seniors over 65 years old and accredited students||Children under 12 years old|
Seniors over 65 years old and accredited studentsUS$ 9.50
Children under 12 years oldFree
The activity takes place with an audioguide in English.
Entry to the Hospital de los Venerables.
English language audio guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes (most areas are accessible).
Hospital de los Venerables.