Discover the truth behind one of the most infamous black legends of Sevillian history when you take our fantastic Inquisition tour. Along the way, you will explore the enchanting neighborhood of Triana.
At midday, we will meet up in the bustling Plaza del Altozano square, on the banks of the Guadalquivir River. Here, our professional guide will tell us about the history of the Spanish Inquisition and its relationship with Seville, the city where it was founded.
Our next stop will be Triana Market, bustling with local life. This area is built on the ruins of an ancient Almohad fortress which became the home of the Inquisition. Castle of San Jorge was erected in honor of Saint George, was the living quarters of the workers of the Holy Office, and also used as secret prisons and interrogation rooms.
Later, after leaving the Triana Market, we will pass through the Callejón de la Inquisición, a narrow 100-foot passage through which inmates passed on their way to be executed at the stake after being condemned. Here, you will learn all about the 'auto da fe' (act of faith), a ritual of public penance and the final step in the inquisition process.
Afterward, our inquisition tour continues along the picturesque Paseo de Nuestra Señora de la O, a beautiful tree-lined avenue that leads to the famous Betis Street, one of the highlights of the Triana neighborhood and the endpoint of our fabulous guided tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 22.60
The tour is exclusively in English.
Professional English speaking guide.
Entry to San Jorge Castle.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - this activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
Plaza del Altozano